Homemade smoothies are a super way to get kids and adults to boost their milk, fruit and vegetable servings. This recipe has extra nutrition built right in and tastes great!
- 2 cups (500 mL) 1% milk
- 1 large green or red apple, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed baby spinach
- 1 cup (250 mL) non-fat plain Greek yogurt (or drained yogurt)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) liquid honey, or to taste
- Ice cubes
In a blender, combine milk, apple, spinach and other ingredients (as called for); purée until smooth. Pour over ice into glasses; serve immediately.
Source: www.heartandstroke.com (Developed by Dairy Farmers of Canada).