- 1 lb (500 g) sirloin steaks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into quarters
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into quarters
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn kernels or 2 fresh corn on the cob, grilled and kernels sliced off the cob
- 2 cups (500 ml) lower fat Canadian Monterey Jack, grated or
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) regular Canadian Monterey Jack, grated
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- Lime juice, (optional)
Preheat grill to medium heat. Coat steaks and vegetables with barbecue sauce. Cook 5–8 minutes on hot grill, turning steaks over just once. Chop up steaks and vegetables. Transfer to a bowl and mix with corn and Monterey Jack. Spoon onto lettuce leaves, sprinkle with lime juice, then roll and savour.
Prep. Time: 45 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Makes: 8 servings
Source: Dairy Farmers of Canada via www.heartandstroke.com