Eggs are a complete source of protein and here they are baked with veggies like a casserole. The frittata is perfect for brunch, lunch or even dinner!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped fennel
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped red onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fennel seeds
- 1 cup (250 mL) peeled, cubed white potatoes
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) 1% milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
- Bake and serve in individual ramekins for a personal, elegant touch.
Preheat oven to 400 ºF (200 ºC). Spray 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33 cm) glass baking dish with canola cooking spray and set aside. In large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add red peppers, fennel, onion and fennel seeds and sauté 3-4 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Remove from heat and stir in potatoes. Evenly spread vegetable mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish. In small bowl, whisk eggs with milk and black pepper. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle Cheddar and feta cheese evenly over top. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set.
Prep. Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 35 min.
Makes: 10 servings
Source: CanolaInfo.org via www.heartandstroke.com