Having your meal in one pot when you get home is wonderful during the busy holiday season. The aroma in your home will certainly have you enjoying the time of year with hearty vegetables alongside your pork roast.
- 3 each large carrots and parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each dried oregano and dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast, trimmed, about 800g
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sodium reduced vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tomato paste
- Combine carrots, parsnips, garlic, onion and parsley in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine oil, oregano, basil, fennel, paprika and pepper. Rub all over pork roast and place on top of vegetables. Whisk together broth and tomato paste and pour around roast onto vegetables. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours or until pork and vegetables are tender. Remove roast to cutting board and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with vegetables and slow cooker juices.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 8 min.
Source: www.heartandstroke.com (recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec.).