With the arrival of barbeque season, here’s something that makes a perfect accompaniment for any grilled or roasted meat!
- 4 cups (1 L) sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sundried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Reggiano Parmesan or crumbled Feta cheese
- 4 cups (1L /142 g) package arugula (or spinach or mixed greens)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- Prepare the roasted sweet potatoes in advance to make quick work of this gorgeous salad.
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In large bowl, toss cubed sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil. Arrange on baking pan and bake for 25 minutes. This can be done up to a day in advance. Keep cooked sweet potatoes refrigerated until assembling the salad. In medium bowl, cover sundried tomatoes with very hot water and allow to stand for 25 minutes. Drain and chop. In large bowl, combine cooked sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cheese, arugula and green onion. Prepare dressing by combining the remaining 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil with the balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard. Drizzle over salad and toss to combine.
Prep. Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Makes: 8 servings
Source: CanolaInfo.org via www.heartandstroke.com