- 2 cups (500 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) 1% milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) finely chopped apples (about 1 large)
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) with racks in top and bottoms thirds of oven. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, cinnamon and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients and sprinkle with apples; stir until just blended. Drop batter by 1/4 cup (50 mL) for each cookie onto prepared baking sheets at least 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake for about 15 minutes, switching pans on racks halfway, or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool on pans on racks for 2 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Prep. Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 10-15 min.
Refrigeration Time: 15 min.
Makes: 20 cookies
Source: www.heartandstroke.com (Developed by Dairy Farmers of Canada)