These little nuggets of tastiness are perfect to enjoy with coffee and share with a loved one during this intensely chocolatey month.
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) natural almond or peanut butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 oz (30 g) bittersweet 70% cocoa chocolate, melted
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) ground almonds
- In a microwaveable bowl combine dates and water; cover and microwave on High for 1 minute or until softened and water is absorbed. Scrape mixture and beans into food processor with almond butter and cocoa powder. Puree until very smooth; stopping and scraping down sides a couple of times. Scrape mixture into a bowl and stir in chocolate and vanilla. Chill in refrigerator for about 45 minutes or until slightly firm. Using a mini ice cream scoop or tablespoon, roll into balls and place on small baking sheet. Roll into ground almonds and keep refrigerated.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 1 min.
Source: www.heartandstroke.com (recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec.).