Simple marinades add flavour to this tender grilling steak. Look for thinner steaks to cook up quicker and get your serving size right.
- 1 pkg (16 oz/454 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) low sodium beef broth
- Rosemary Garlic Marinade
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive or canola oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) red or sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
- Pinch fresh ground pepper
- 6 thin striploin steaks, excess fat trimmed (about 1 1/2 lb/750g)
- Rosemary garlic marinade: In a shallow dish, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, rosemary and pepper. Add steaks and turn to coat evenly. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and cook mushrooms, onions and rosemary over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until softened and starting to turn golden. Stir in beef broth to deglaze the pan; set aside.
- Place steaks on preheated medium high grill for about 5 minutes, turning a few times or until hint of pink remains.
- Place steaks on each plate and top with mushroom mixture.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Marinating Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Source: www.heartandstroke.com (recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec.).