This simple, elegant salad is perfect to enjoy on the deck with friends and family. Look for large shrimp to put right on the grill, but if they are smaller simply use a grill basket.
- 1 bag (454 g) frozen jumbo shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp (10 mL) smoked paprika
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 small whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 5 cups (1.25 L) mixed spring greens
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sherry vinegar
- Pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved grape tomatoes
- In a bowl, toss shrimp with paprika, oil and pepper. Place on oiled grill over medium high heat, turning once for about 4 minutes or until firm and pink. Remove to a clean bowl and toss with cilantro and lemon juice. Place tortillas on grill and toast on both sides. Place one on each dinner plate. In another bowl, toss greens with vinegar and pepper. Top each tortilla with greens and sprinkle with tomatoes. Top with grilled shrimp to serve.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 5 min.
Makes: 4 servings
Source: www.heartandstroke.com (recipe provided by Emily Richards, PH Ec.).