This is a creamy rice pudding that bursts with berry flavour and just a touch of maple sweetness. It makes a terrific snack, dessert or even breakfast, served warm or cold.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) 1% milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) short-grain (arborio) rice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) blueberries or raspberries (thaw, if frozen)
- In a deep, heavy saucepan, whisk flour into milk. Stir in rice and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is very tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract. Let cool slightly (the pudding will thicken upon cooling).
- Stir in berries. Divide the pudding among 4 small bowls. Serve warm or cold.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Source: www.heartandstroke.com (recipe provided by Dairy Farmers of Canada).