Enjoy this light, refreshing and healthy treat for a quick and easy dinner!
- 12 oz (350 g) ounces peeled, deveined raw shrimp or prawns
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen (not thawed) or fresh shelled peas
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh tarragon, parsley or mint
- Freshly ground pepper
- Rinse shrimp, then pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large saute pan, warm 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the canola oil over medium-high heat until it starts to ripple. Add the shrimp and stir until just starting to turn pink (about 1 minute). Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil. Then add shallots to pan and cook until shallots are soft (1 to 2 minutes). Pour in broth and stir in peas, lemon juice and tarragon.
- Return shrimp to pan and let come to a boil; cook until shrimp are cooked through and peas are tender (about 2 minutes).
- To serve, with a slotted spoon, divide shrimp among plates and top evenly with peas and sauce over shrimp.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 5 min.
Source: www.heartandstroke.com (recipe and photo provided by CanolaInfo.org).