Fresh bright flavours and textures make these lettuce cups perfect appetizers for a holiday get-together or any time. Let guests help themselves or fill up the lettuce cups and serve on a platter alongside fresh vegetables.
- 1 lb (500 g) large raw shrimp, tails off, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin or chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced red bell pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lime rind
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lime juice
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- In a bowl, toss together shrimp, oil, cumin and pepper until coated.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; sauté shrimp, stirring for about 5 minutes or until pink and firm; remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, lime rind and juice. Add cooked shrimp, avocado, red pepper and cilantro and toss well to coat.
- Separate leaves from lettuce head for the cups and fill each with some of the shrimp mixture to serve or let guests help themselves by spooning out the filling into their lettuce cups.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 5 min.
Source: www.heartandstroke.com (recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec.).