Let’s face it: For many of us, the weight loss rollercoaster is nothing new. READ MORE
Weight Loss (Lipo Laser)
Each of us has our own unique shape and size. However, sometimes the natural aging process, or our own “guilty pleasures”, can result in changes to that shape and size that simply can’t be addressed through diet and exercise. The good news is there’s an exciting new treatment, now available at select Physiomed locations, designed specifically to help!
Body Contouring & Inch Loss:
Physiomed uses innovative low level lasers that are designed to specifically address problem areas by painlessly targeting and shrinking fat cells without the need for surgery or downtime. APPROVED BY HEALTH CANADA for reducing body fat, Physiomed’s lasers require just a series of relaxing 20-30 minute treatments to eliminate inches to help you safely regain your curves!
Using Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) Technology, the lasers mimic the body’s natural metabolic process to provide a painless and non-invasive alternative to surgery. During each treatment, the laser energy safely penetrates your skin at a specific wavelength targeted for adipose cells – otherwise known as fat cells. These adipose cells are permeated, releasing their triglyceride/fat content which allows your body to utilize them as an energy source. As the adipocytes release these triglycerides/fat into circulation, their size diminishes, resulting in effective body contouring results and a reduction in the appearance of cellulite.
The Treatment Process:
- First, you’ll meet with a Physiomed clinician to determine if you’re a candidate for treatment
- Once approved, we’ll plan and schedule your treatments- sessions include 20-30 minutes of laser therapy along with coaching on nutrition and exercise
- Prior to your first treatment, “Before” circumferential measurements will be taken relating to the targeted treatment location on the body
- For maximum effect, it is recommended that you refrain from eating or drinking 2-4 hours prior to each treatment
- During each treatment, you’ll simply relax on the treatment bed, as paddles are placed on the treatment area and moved every 10-15 minutes until the area has been covered. You will feel nothing except for a relaxing warming sensation from the multi-probes
- Once the laser treatment has concluded, "Post" measurements will be taken and the clinician will discuss what reductions were seen that day and project future timeline goals based on the your actual physiological response to the laser
- After each treatment you’ll need to do 30-45 minutes of moderate exercise in order to begin metabolizing the fat calories released from storage and to stimulate your lymphatic system (walking the dog, roller blading and cycling all count………just get your body moving!)
- Following each treatment, you’ll have to refrain from consuming any foods or caloric beverages for 2 hours. However you will be asked to drink plenty of water. Without the extra water it will be more difficult for your body to eliminate the contents released from the treatment
- Repeat your appointments as indicated and ENJOY THE RESULTS!