This dish makes a great lunch or light dinner that can be ready to go for hungry kids or spontaneous guests. You may want to double the recipe because it goes so fast.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole wheat penne pasta, cooked
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled or cooked, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated or shaved Parmesan cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced in rings
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) freshly chopped basil
- In small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, canola oil and garlic. Set aside. In large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, Parmesan, tomatoes, onion, oregano and pepper, tossing gently. Stir in balsamic mixture and basil, tossing gently again. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to two days.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Makes: 6 servings
Source: www.heartandstroke.com (recipe provided by canolainfo.org).