This recipe is a great break from the traditional sandwich – no bread required! Pack the chicken and apple mixture in a small container and let the kids assemble it at school.
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked chicken breast, diced (about 1)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red apple, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) celery, diced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) raisins
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves, whole, washed and dried
- In a small bowl, mix together all the filling ingredients. This can be made the night before.
- To serve, spoon about ½ cup (125 mL) of the filling down the centre of the lettuce leaf and wrap it up.
Source: www.heartandstroke.com (recipe developed by Nadine Day, RD).